High school business students recently participated in the Long Island Business Teachers Association’s annual competition, which was held virtually this year. The LIBTA contest serves both as a way for students to build upon their business knowledge and as a meaningful addition to their resume of accomplishments. Schools from across the region competed in a variety of business topics.
The following West Islip students placed at the top in their contest:
• Accounting – Kristina Veiga (second) and Brandon Lin (third)
• Business Calculations – Alexander Czarnomski (third)
• Business Law – Alexander Veiga (third)
• Business Principles – Kevin Rion (second) and Matthew Santangelo (third)
• College Accounting – Giavanna Genna (first)
• Entrepreneurship – Alec Miller (fourth)
• Marketing – Olivia DiStefano (second).